- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Gunfire heard in West Bank Jewish settlement near Nablus
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Gunfire was reported after nightfall Thursday in Itamar, a West Bank Jewish settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, settlers said. Israel TV said two people were seriously wounded.
Police spokeswoman Ganit Wingrad said shots were heard inside the settlement, but she could give no further details.
Israel TV said there apparently was an incursion by one or more armed Palestinians who holed up in a house in the settlement.
The settlement, home to some of the most militant Israeli settlers in the West Bank, is not fenced. Settlers insist that the whole West Bank belongs to the Jews.
On May 29, a Palestinian gunman attacked a high school at the settlement, killing three Israeli teen-agers.