- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Gunfire heard in West Bank Jewish settlement near Nablus
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Gunfire was reported after nightfall Thursday in Itamar, a West Bank Jewish settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, settlers said. Israel TV said two people were seriously wounded.
Police spokeswoman Ganit Wingrad said shots were heard inside the settlement, but she could give no further details.
Israel TV said there apparently was an incursion by one or more armed Palestinians who holed up in a house in the settlement.
The settlement, home to some of the most militant Israeli settlers in the West Bank, is not fenced. Settlers insist that the whole West Bank belongs to the Jews.
On May 29, a Palestinian gunman attacked a high school at the settlement, killing three Israeli teen-agers.