- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Gunfire heard in West Bank Jewish settlement near Nablus
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Gunfire was reported after nightfall Thursday in Itamar, a West Bank Jewish settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, settlers said. Israel TV said two people were seriously wounded.
Police spokeswoman Ganit Wingrad said shots were heard inside the settlement, but she could give no further details.
Israel TV said there apparently was an incursion by one or more armed Palestinians who holed up in a house in the settlement.
The settlement, home to some of the most militant Israeli settlers in the West Bank, is not fenced. Settlers insist that the whole West Bank belongs to the Jews.
On May 29, a Palestinian gunman attacked a high school at the settlement, killing three Israeli teen-agers.