- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Gunfire heard in West Bank Jewish settlement near Nablus
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Gunfire was reported after nightfall Thursday in Itamar, a West Bank Jewish settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, settlers said. Israel TV said two people were seriously wounded.
Police spokeswoman Ganit Wingrad said shots were heard inside the settlement, but she could give no further details.
Israel TV said there apparently was an incursion by one or more armed Palestinians who holed up in a house in the settlement.
The settlement, home to some of the most militant Israeli settlers in the West Bank, is not fenced. Settlers insist that the whole West Bank belongs to the Jews.
On May 29, a Palestinian gunman attacked a high school at the settlement, killing three Israeli teen-agers.