- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gunfire heard in West Bank Jewish settlement near Nablus
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Gunfire was reported after nightfall Thursday in Itamar, a West Bank Jewish settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, settlers said. Israel TV said two people were seriously wounded.
Police spokeswoman Ganit Wingrad said shots were heard inside the settlement, but she could give no further details.
Israel TV said there apparently was an incursion by one or more armed Palestinians who holed up in a house in the settlement.
The settlement, home to some of the most militant Israeli settlers in the West Bank, is not fenced. Settlers insist that the whole West Bank belongs to the Jews.
On May 29, a Palestinian gunman attacked a high school at the settlement, killing three Israeli teen-agers.