- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Norma Lee Skaggs, 64, of East Prairie died Tuesday, June 18, 2002, at her home.
She was born Aug. 20, 1937, at Kaskaskia Island, Ill., daughter of Floyd H. and Bernice Nelson Roderique. She and Billy L. Skaggs were married Oct. 23, 1958. He died March 22, 1996.
Skaggs lived in Mississippi County most of her life. She served as deputy assessor of Mississippi County from Dec. 1, 1976, to January 1997, as assessor until September 1997, and was a consultant to the assessor's office until retiring in 1998. She was a member of First Church of God.
Survivors include a son, John Skaggs of Jonesboro, Ill.; two brothers, Kenneth Roderique of Festus, Mo., Floyd Roderique Jr. of Hillsboro, Mo.; three sisters, Rose Meyer of Herculaneum, Mo., Connie Walls and Jackie Boyer of Festus; two grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two daughters, a stepson, three brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 6 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Martin Lucas officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.