- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Eileen M. Douglass, 85, of Cairo died Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Aug. 17, 1916, in Carbondale, Ill., daughter of Lawrence and Bertha Miller Myers. She married William O. Douglass, who preceded her in death.
Douglass was a retired insurance agent. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and Daughters of Isabella.
Survivors include a daughter, Martha Spindler of Bemidji, Minn.; a brother, Ralph Myers of Cairo; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo after 5 p.m. Friday. The rosary will be recited at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick's Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be at 2:30 p.m. at Memorial Park Cemetery in St. Louis.