- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bro. Raymond Tochtrop
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Brother Raymond J. Tochtrop, 85, of Perryville died Tuesday, June 18, 2002, at St. Mary's of the Barrens Healthcare.
He was born Dec. 8, 1916, at Wentzville, Mo., son of Joseph Henry and Viola Schram Tochtrop.
Tochtrop entered the novitiate at St. Mary's of the Barrens July 19, 1948, and professed vows July 19, 1950. He was assigned to St. Mary's where he worked in agriculture until retiring.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II.
Survivors include two sisters, Florence Keary of St. Louis, Mary Fey of Phoenix, Ariz.; and a brother, Charles Tochtrop of Warrenton, Mo.
Friends may call at St. Mary's of the Barrens Church after 5 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7:30.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. William Hartenbach officiating. Burial will be in Vincentian Community Cemetery.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.