- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Wanda Lee Flynn, 88, of Scott City died Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 28, 1913, in Cardwell, Mo., daughter of Levi and Mabel Kirby Hartsoe. She and William Vernon Flynn were married Nov. 22, 1930, in Bardwell, Ky. He died Oct. 12, 1989.
Wanda had been a beautician and loved to play the piano. She also was an excellent poet and sent poems to numerous celebrities including Doris Day, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Bob Hope, Rush Limbaugh and the late Millie Limbaugh.
She was a member of the United Transportation Union Ladies Auxiliary, Illmo United Methodist Church in Scott City, and St. Mark's Chapter 167 Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, John V. and Belinda Flynn of Scott City; a daughter and son-in-law, Billie and Joe Hillis of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; four grandsons, Gary, Larry and Randy Hillis, and John S. Flynn; and seven great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Woeltje officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.