- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Benton pair arrested on meth, drug counts
BENTON, Mo. -- A Benton couple is being held in the Scott County Jail on charges related to methamphetamine after a Tuesday night search warrant served on their residence turned up drug paraphernalia. David M. Huff, 38, and Lisa D. Walls, 35, are charged with attempting to manufacture a controlled substance, possession of ephedrine, possession of chemicals and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bill Ferrell, Scott County sheriff, said bond is set at $50,000 for Huff and $100,000 for Walls. He said deputies and officers with the SEMO Drug Task Force served the warrant and found items and chemicals used in the manufacturing process of methamphetamine, along with other articles of drug paraphernalia.
Ferrell said officers identified the lab as a red phosphorus laboratory, which is a type of lab growing in popularity in Southeast Missouri.