- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Illinois man dies in traffic mishap
The Associated Press
HARRISONVILLE, Mo. -- An Illinois man is dead after an accident on U.S. 71 in Cass County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.
The accident happened at about 5 a.m. Wednesday, when a vehicle driven by Jackie Collins, 39, of Dixon, Ill., pulled onto the roadway from the shoulder of the road and was then struck by a tractor-trailer truck. Collins' vehicle then overturned and came to rest on its top on the grass along the side of the roadway, authorities said. A passenger in Collins' vehicle was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries.