- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Feds sue NYC parks officials
The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- The federal government sued New York City's parks department Wednesday, saying it had discriminated against minority employees in promotions.
The lawsuit follows an investigation begun in 1999 when black and Hispanic parks employees complained they were discriminated against.
The Justice Department, in its lawsuit, said Parks and Recreation's senior managers seek out and promote whites to management positions without announcing job openings or conducting formal interviews.