- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Feds sue NYC parks officials
The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- The federal government sued New York City's parks department Wednesday, saying it had discriminated against minority employees in promotions.
The lawsuit follows an investigation begun in 1999 when black and Hispanic parks employees complained they were discriminated against.
The Justice Department, in its lawsuit, said Parks and Recreation's senior managers seek out and promote whites to management positions without announcing job openings or conducting formal interviews.