- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)8
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Feds sue NYC parks officials
The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- The federal government sued New York City's parks department Wednesday, saying it had discriminated against minority employees in promotions.
The lawsuit follows an investigation begun in 1999 when black and Hispanic parks employees complained they were discriminated against.
The Justice Department, in its lawsuit, said Parks and Recreation's senior managers seek out and promote whites to management positions without announcing job openings or conducting formal interviews.