- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Moderate earthquake hits parts of Midwest, South
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- An earthquake rattled portions of the Midwest and South on Tuesday, but authorities had no immediate reports of damage.
The quake, which struck at 12:37 p.m. CDT, registered a magnitude of 5.0, said John Bellini with the U.S. Geological Survey in Golden, Colo., which tracks earthquakes.
The epicenter was 10 miles northwest of Evansville, Ind., he said.