- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sports digest 6/18/02
CAPAHAS POUND OUT 16-0 WIN IN ST. LOUIS
ST. LOUIS -- The Craftsman Union Capahas led just 1-0 after four innings but wound up routing the St. Louis Golden Spikes 16-0 in a contest stopped after seven innings by the 10-run rule.
The Capahas (8-3) had 19 hits, led by Zach Borowiak and Brad Simmons with three each. Steve Kress, Denver Stuckey and Josh Eftink had two hits apiece. Borowiak, Kress and Stuckey all homered. Simmons drove in three runs.
Ricky Pecaut needed just 63 pitches to fire a two-hit shutout. He struck out six and walked one.
Riverdogs suffer loss in Kentucky tournament
DAWSON SPRINGS, Ky. -- The Cape Girardeau Riverdogs (5-7) suffered a 4-1 loss to the Memphis (Tenn.) Royals Sunday during the River King Tournament.
Brent Self pitched all seven innings, allowing six hits.
Billy Puckett was 3-for-3.
The Riverdogs will host Saline County (Ill.) Thursday.
Hartmann, Werner chosen for all-state soccer teams
Erin Hartmann and Whitney Werner, who helped Jackson High School to a school-record 14 shutouts this year, have been selected to the Class 4A all-state soccer team.
Hartmann, a senior sweeper, was chosen first team while Werner, a junior goalie, was picked second team.
The Indians also were 12th in the state rankings.
Sampras was No. 7 when the All England Club released its seedings for the tournament.
-- From staff, wire reports