- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Two Americans stopped at border
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Two young men carrying U.S. passports were among several people detained after trying to enter this country from Afghanistan, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said Monday.
"Some people have been detained by our agencies when they were trying to cross over from Afghanistan into our tribal areas. I was told two of them were American passport holders," Foreign Ministry spokesman Aziz Ahmed Khan said.
However, a Pakistani intelligence officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the two young men were of Afghan origin and were detained about six weeks ago.