- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Two Americans stopped at border
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Two young men carrying U.S. passports were among several people detained after trying to enter this country from Afghanistan, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said Monday.
"Some people have been detained by our agencies when they were trying to cross over from Afghanistan into our tribal areas. I was told two of them were American passport holders," Foreign Ministry spokesman Aziz Ahmed Khan said.
However, a Pakistani intelligence officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the two young men were of Afghan origin and were detained about six weeks ago.