- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Two Americans stopped at border
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Two young men carrying U.S. passports were among several people detained after trying to enter this country from Afghanistan, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said Monday.
"Some people have been detained by our agencies when they were trying to cross over from Afghanistan into our tribal areas. I was told two of them were American passport holders," Foreign Ministry spokesman Aziz Ahmed Khan said.
However, a Pakistani intelligence officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the two young men were of Afghan origin and were detained about six weeks ago.