- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Farmland Industries cuts 103 manager jobs
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Farmland Industries, Inc. announced Monday that it had cut 103 administrative and management jobs to reduce costs in its court-supervised reorganization.
Farmland -- North America's largest farmer-owned cooperative -- filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection May 31. Weak fertilizer sales led to a cash shortage at the Kansas City-based company, triggering payment pressures from its lenders.