- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Muny Band to go 'pop'
The Cape Girardeau Municipal Band's Wednesday concert will have a "pop" flavor with selections from "My Fair Lady" and tunes by Leroy Anderson, Alfred Reed, Percy Grainger and George Gershwin. The concert begins at 8 p.m. at the Capaha Park Band Shell.
Songs will include Gershwin's "American in Paris," and three by Anderson: "A Trumpeter's Lullaby" with solo by Dr. Marc Fulgham, "China Doll" and "Horse and Buggy." Reed has contributed "A Festival Prelude," and the selection by Grainger is "Irish Tune from County Derry," which is more popularly known as "O Danny Boy." Neil Casey willd direct the band.