- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Ask president to prohibit human cloning
To the editor:
U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle assured the public and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback that Senate Bill 1899 (Brownback-Landrieu Human Cloning Prohibition Act) would be scheduled for debate after the Memorial Day recess. The bill was scheduled to be debated next Tuesday. Once again Daschle has played his procedural games, causing a stalemate on the issue in the Senate.
Please contact President Bush and ask him to issue an executive order that would prohibit federally funded institutions and laboratories from conducting human cloning. Ask him to make sure that no tax dollars are used for the cloning of mammals, because humans are mammals.
You can e-mail the White House at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can phone 202-456-1414. You can also send a fax to 202-456-2461.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS