- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Ask president to prohibit human cloning
To the editor:
U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle assured the public and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback that Senate Bill 1899 (Brownback-Landrieu Human Cloning Prohibition Act) would be scheduled for debate after the Memorial Day recess. The bill was scheduled to be debated next Tuesday. Once again Daschle has played his procedural games, causing a stalemate on the issue in the Senate.
Please contact President Bush and ask him to issue an executive order that would prohibit federally funded institutions and laboratories from conducting human cloning. Ask him to make sure that no tax dollars are used for the cloning of mammals, because humans are mammals.
You can e-mail the White House at email@example.com. You can phone 202-456-1414. You can also send a fax to 202-456-2461.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS