- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Ask president to prohibit human cloning
To the editor:
U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle assured the public and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback that Senate Bill 1899 (Brownback-Landrieu Human Cloning Prohibition Act) would be scheduled for debate after the Memorial Day recess. The bill was scheduled to be debated next Tuesday. Once again Daschle has played his procedural games, causing a stalemate on the issue in the Senate.
Please contact President Bush and ask him to issue an executive order that would prohibit federally funded institutions and laboratories from conducting human cloning. Ask him to make sure that no tax dollars are used for the cloning of mammals, because humans are mammals.
You can e-mail the White House at email@example.com. You can phone 202-456-1414. You can also send a fax to 202-456-2461.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS