- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Ask president to prohibit human cloning
To the editor:
U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle assured the public and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback that Senate Bill 1899 (Brownback-Landrieu Human Cloning Prohibition Act) would be scheduled for debate after the Memorial Day recess. The bill was scheduled to be debated next Tuesday. Once again Daschle has played his procedural games, causing a stalemate on the issue in the Senate.
Please contact President Bush and ask him to issue an executive order that would prohibit federally funded institutions and laboratories from conducting human cloning. Ask him to make sure that no tax dollars are used for the cloning of mammals, because humans are mammals.
You can e-mail the White House at email@example.com. You can phone 202-456-1414. You can also send a fax to 202-456-2461.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS