- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ask president to prohibit human cloning
To the editor:
U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle assured the public and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback that Senate Bill 1899 (Brownback-Landrieu Human Cloning Prohibition Act) would be scheduled for debate after the Memorial Day recess. The bill was scheduled to be debated next Tuesday. Once again Daschle has played his procedural games, causing a stalemate on the issue in the Senate.
Please contact President Bush and ask him to issue an executive order that would prohibit federally funded institutions and laboratories from conducting human cloning. Ask him to make sure that no tax dollars are used for the cloning of mammals, because humans are mammals.
You can e-mail the White House at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can phone 202-456-1414. You can also send a fax to 202-456-2461.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS