- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
religion briefs 6/15
Musical evangelists to sing at area church
Musical evangelists Bud and Barbara Lee will sing during the 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. worship services Sunday at Bethany Baptist Church.
The Lees are members of Calvary Baptist Church in Blue Springs, Mo. They have recorded four albums together.
La Croix Church to hold groundbreaking
La Croix United Methodist Church will break ground at 7 p.m. today for a new worship center. The project is the third phase of a master site plan and is a 35,000-square-foot addition to the current facility.
Refreshments will be served after the short service. Those attending are invited to bring lawn chairs.
Church to sponsor helping-hands project
GORDONVILLE, Mo. -- Christ Lutheran Church and AAL Branch 7275 will sponsor a helping-hands project today that will beautify the community park. Youth and adults will meet at the park at 9 a.m. to begin work. AAL Branch 7275 will provide lunch.
Church in Allenville presents special music
ALLENVILLE, Mo. -- Allenville Baptist Church will present a special service June 22 at the church. The Beal Family will sing during the 10:45 a.m. worship service and a covered dish meal will follow.
Hanover Church plans for patriotic service
Hanover Lutheran Church will hold a patriotic service at 9 a.m. on June 30. The service will include a guest speaker, special music and a light breakfast afterwards. The public is invited.
Lutheran women aim to meet for convention
Several area women will be attending the 17th biennial convention of the Missouri District Lutheran Women's Missionary League from Friday through June 23 in Kansas City, Mo.
The delegates are representing the Cape Girardeau, Jackson-Bootheel and Altenburg zones. Among the meeting topics will be Bible studies, workshops and discussion about 2002-2004 mission grants.
New Creations makes plans to sing June 23
The New Creations men's choir from Teen Challenge International will be featured in the morning service at 11 a.m. June 23 at Hooe Baptist Church in Oran, Mo. The concert includes contemporary and traditional gospel music and testimonies from choir members.
-- From staff reports