- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Actress Winona Ryder pleads innocent
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Winona Ryder pleaded innocent Friday to shoplifting and drug charges, and her lawyer said he'd try to disqualify the District Attorney's office from trying the case.
The motion for disqualification by Ryder's attorney, Mark Geragos, was placed under seal, but he's said previously he believes prosecutors aren't treating his client fairly.
Ryder said little during her arraignment.
Superior Court Judge Elden Fox asked the 30-year-old whether she was entering a plea of not guilty, and she responded in a soft voice, "Yes, your honor." She and her lawyer left the courthouse without commenting outside.
Ryder was ordered last week to stand trial on felony charges alleging she shoplifted some $6,000 worth of merchandise from Saks Fifth Avenue and illegally possessed a drug without a prescription.