- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)43
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Winona Ryder pleads innocent to theft, drug charges
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) -- Winona Ryder pleaded innocent Friday to shoplifting and drug charges.
The actress, who co-stars in the upcoming Adam Sandler comedy "Mr. Deeds," was arraigned in Beverly Hills Superior Court. She's charged with second-degree burglary, grand theft, vandalism and possession of a controlled substance.
Ryder faces a maximum of about three years and eight months in state prison if convicted on all charges. She remains free on $20,000 bail.
A store security official testified during a preliminary hearing last week that she saw the 30-year-old actress cutting security sensor tags off the items, and a criminalist testified that two pills found in Ryder's possession were a generic form of Percoset, a prescription painkiller.
Superior Court Judge Elden Fox said then that there was sufficient cause for her to be tried.