- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Winona Ryder pleads innocent to theft, drug charges
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) -- Winona Ryder pleaded innocent Friday to shoplifting and drug charges.
The actress, who co-stars in the upcoming Adam Sandler comedy "Mr. Deeds," was arraigned in Beverly Hills Superior Court. She's charged with second-degree burglary, grand theft, vandalism and possession of a controlled substance.
Ryder faces a maximum of about three years and eight months in state prison if convicted on all charges. She remains free on $20,000 bail.
A store security official testified during a preliminary hearing last week that she saw the 30-year-old actress cutting security sensor tags off the items, and a criminalist testified that two pills found in Ryder's possession were a generic form of Percoset, a prescription painkiller.
Superior Court Judge Elden Fox said then that there was sufficient cause for her to be tried.