- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Everybody's a critic - 'Ya-Ya Sisterhood'
HHH 1/2 stars
"The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" is about the relationship between a mother (Ellen Burstyn) and her daughter (Sandra Bullock), who find out that both of their pasts have made them into what they are today.
Sandra Bullock and Ellen Burstyn are excellent in this movie. The movie is hilarious at times and then very moving at others. The story keeps you going from beginning to end.
I never have really liked flashbacks, but this movie does it with ease. The flashbacks never become annoying. They always make sense with what is happening in the present.
I also thought I was in trouble from the title of the movie, "Éthe Ya-Ya Sisterhood." I thought it would be just another chick flick that had a bunch of women telling the audience how bad men are. But that was only a pinch of what the movie was about.
-- Jeremy Birk, food preparation