- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kathreen E. Grove, 99, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 13, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Nov. 23, 1902, in Cedar Vale, Kan., daughter of Frank and Sarah Shrader Howard. She and William Grove were married July 24, 1924, in Dexter, Kan. He died Oct. 26, 1987.
Grove was a piano teacher several years. She was a member of Faculty Dames in El Dorado, Kan.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Morgan of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a brother and a great-grandchild.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Fairmount Cemetery, with the Rev. Alan Berry officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.