- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Nellie Rose Passley, 81, of Charleston died Thursday, June 13, 2002, at her home.
She was born Dec. 14, 1920, in Anna, Ill., daughter of Dave and Mary Speck Murr. She and Sam "Dago" Passley were married Sept. 4, 1936. He died March 14, 1968.
Passley lived in Charleston most of her life and was a member of Church of God of Prophecy.
Survivors include a son, Willis Passley of Charleston; three daughters, Beverly Watson of Newcastle, Okla., Ann Frayers of Huntingdon, Tenn., Mae Bowles of Charleston; 15 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lawrence Heckert officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.