- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Funeral for Ruby M. Adams of East Prairie will be held at 1 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home. Gaylon Butler will officiate. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.
Adams, 86, died Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at East Prairie Nursing Center.
She was born May 15, 1916, in New Madrid County, Mo., daughter of Charlie and Elgie M. Carter Presson. She and Marshall L. Adams were married in 1945. He died in February 1989.
Adams lived most of her life in Mississippi County, Mo. She was a member of United Pentecostal Church in Sikeston, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Wayne Adams of Sikeston, David Adams of Parma, Mo.; a daughter, Louetta Grigery of Sikeston; seven grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and three sisters.