- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area fishing conditions
Clearwater Lake: 73 degrees, high, murky; channel catfish & largemouth bass fair on worms; all other species slow.
Council Bluff: 68 degrees, normal, clear; largemouth bass fair on medium to small minnows & soft plastics; all other species slow.
Cypress Lake: 81 degrees, normal, clear; bluegill fair on worms & crickets; channel catfish fair at night on cut bait; all other species slow.
Duck Creek: 85 degrees, clear; black bass fair on plastic worms & spinnerbaits; bluegill slow.
Lake Girardeau: 78 degrees, normal, clear; bluegill fair on crickets, worms & meal worms; crappie fair on minnows & jigs; catfish fair on nightcrawlers & cut bait; all other species slow.
Wappapello: falling, bluegill fair on crickets & worms; catfish fair on live baits & worms; black bass & crappie slow; recorded lake level and other information can be received by calling the Wappapello Lake information hotline at 222-8139.
Black River (near Annapolis): 70 degrees, high, clear; smallmouth bass & rock bass good on minnows, worms, artificial worms & tube baits; all other species slow.
Castor River (above Zalma): 73 degrees, rising, dingy; black bass excellent on minnows; all other species good.
Mississippi (below Charleston): falling, muddy; drum fair on worms; all other species slow.
St. Francis (above Wappapello): rising, murky; all species slow.
St. Francis (below Wappapello): 72 degrees, high, muddy; all species slow.
-- Mo. Dept. of Conservation