- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Milosevic planned killings, says general
THE HAGUE, Netherlands -- Slobodan Milosevic battled in court Thursday with NATO's former military commander, a four-star general who accused him of planning to wipe out ethnic Albanians in Kosovo months before Serb forces began their bloody crackdown.
The former Yugoslav president dismissed the allegations as "absurd," and clashed with presiding judge Richard May, who warned Milosevic to stop arguing with the witness or lose the right to cross-examine.
The testimony by German Gen. Klaus Naumann, who led the Western alliance in bombing Milosevic's Serb forces, was potentially the most damning yet in the 4-month-old trial at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal.
Naumann is the highest-ranking military officer to assert a direct link between Milosevic and the Kosovo crackdown in the spring of 1999.
Milosevic has been charged with five counts of war crimes in connection with the campaign in which thousands of Kosovo Albanians were killed and about 800,000 fled their homes to neighboring countries. He faces another 61 counts, including genocide, for alleged atrocities in Bosnia and Croatia.
Naumann said that in 1998-99, he met three times with Milosevic to negotiate a withdrawal from Kosovo of Yugoslav forces blamed for atrocities.