- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Memphis police arrest suspect, seek another in shooting
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Police charged a man Thursday with first-degree murder in the death of a 3-year-old girl who was among nine people shot after an argument over drugs.
George Willie Franklin, 24, turned himself into authorities Thursday, police spokeswoman LaTanya Able said. A warrant was issued for his cousin, Leslie Franklin, 22.
The two suspects were among a group of young men arguing over drugs Wednesday, police said. One man broke from the argument and ran to a nearby house. A vehicle chased him, and one person got out and started shooting into a house.
Bullets blasted through a door and window, and at least three bullet holes could be seen in the brick on the front of the house.
The girl, Jessica Borner, was shot in the stomach, forearm and shoulder, one witness said. Five other children and three adults were injured. An unidentified woman remained hospitalized in satisfactory condition Thursday.
Police said one of the victims was Jessica's 59-year-old grandmother, Beatrice Hobbs, who was shot in the chest.
Another of the injured, a 19-year-old man, was being investigated for possible involvement in the drug deal, police said.