- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Memphis police arrest suspect, seek another in shooting
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Police charged a man Thursday with first-degree murder in the death of a 3-year-old girl who was among nine people shot after an argument over drugs.
George Willie Franklin, 24, turned himself into authorities Thursday, police spokeswoman LaTanya Able said. A warrant was issued for his cousin, Leslie Franklin, 22.
The two suspects were among a group of young men arguing over drugs Wednesday, police said. One man broke from the argument and ran to a nearby house. A vehicle chased him, and one person got out and started shooting into a house.
Bullets blasted through a door and window, and at least three bullet holes could be seen in the brick on the front of the house.
The girl, Jessica Borner, was shot in the stomach, forearm and shoulder, one witness said. Five other children and three adults were injured. An unidentified woman remained hospitalized in satisfactory condition Thursday.
Police said one of the victims was Jessica's 59-year-old grandmother, Beatrice Hobbs, who was shot in the chest.
Another of the injured, a 19-year-old man, was being investigated for possible involvement in the drug deal, police said.