- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
People talk 6/14/02
Fossett postpones ballooning attempt
NORTHAM, Australia -- Blustery conditions in Australia and storms brewing over South America on Thursday forced American adventurer Steve Fossett to postpone his latest bid to become the first person to fly solo around the world in a balloon.
The 58-year-old Chicago millionaire had hoped to set off from the small farming town of Northam, 60 miles east of Western Australian state capital, Perth, on Saturday.
Now, he's not expected to take off before next Tuesday on his sixth attempt to fly alone around the world.
Fossett needs virtually wind-free conditions to inflate his towering 140 foot balloon as only a slight gust can blow it over and damage the envelope.
His balloon, the Bud Light Spirit of Freedom, will fly eastward around the world.
Brandy slated to star in reality miniseries
NEW YORK -- Over the years, Brandy's fans have watched her grow up on camera. Now, they'll be able to watch her baby before it's even born.
Starting Tuesday, MTV will broadcast "Diary Presents: Brandy-Special Delivery."
The reality miniseries, which is expected to run four or five episodes, will follow the R&B singer as she goes to the doctor, attends her baby shower, and prepares for the birth of her first child.