- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
SEMO Booster Club looking for support
It was a long fall and even longer winter for Southeast Missouri State University sports fans, but the baseball team made this spring a season to remember. The team went to the NCAA finals in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
A few days later, professional teams also recognized the depth of talent. Pitcher Brandon Smith became Southeast's highest selection ever in a major league baseball draft, chosen in the 18th round by the Boston Red Sox. Shortstop Zach Borowiak was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 49th round. He has opted to stay put for his senior year.
Of course, Southeast athletics need support in every season, and the Southeast Missouri State University Booster Club is looking for fans who want to be a part of the excitement all year long.
The Boosters are having a membership blitz beginning at 7:30 a.m. today at Drury Lodge with a breakfast. It ends with a reception at 5 p.m. By that time, organizers hope more than 1,000 fans have either renewed their membership or joined the group as new members. There are 900 members currently.
The least expensive membership is $100 and gives the donor a crack at excellent season tickets. For more information, call the booster office at 651-2005.