- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)22
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
SEMO Booster Club looking for support
It was a long fall and even longer winter for Southeast Missouri State University sports fans, but the baseball team made this spring a season to remember. The team went to the NCAA finals in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
A few days later, professional teams also recognized the depth of talent. Pitcher Brandon Smith became Southeast's highest selection ever in a major league baseball draft, chosen in the 18th round by the Boston Red Sox. Shortstop Zach Borowiak was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 49th round. He has opted to stay put for his senior year.
Of course, Southeast athletics need support in every season, and the Southeast Missouri State University Booster Club is looking for fans who want to be a part of the excitement all year long.
The Boosters are having a membership blitz beginning at 7:30 a.m. today at Drury Lodge with a breakfast. It ends with a reception at 5 p.m. By that time, organizers hope more than 1,000 fans have either renewed their membership or joined the group as new members. There are 900 members currently.
The least expensive membership is $100 and gives the donor a crack at excellent season tickets. For more information, call the booster office at 651-2005.