- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Passers-by react quickly to calls for help
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A large crowd helped catch two men after a mugging near the Country Club Plaza Wednesday night.
A man walking in the area around 7 p.m. was jumped by two men. When he yelled for help the men ran off and got into a car, but others who heard the commotion quickly stepped in, with a motorist blocking their car.
"I just saw a bunch of people chasing a couple of guys," motorist David Alexander said. "I heard somebody yell, "'Stop them, stop them.' So when they jumped in a car and tried to get away, I pulled in front of them and stopped them."
Officer Chad Pickens said it was a chaotic scene when police arrived to make the arrests.
"There were three cars that looked like they'd been in some sort of a car wreck, and 15 to 20 people standing around two guys," he said.