- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Train hits bus, killing 34 people
LUCKNOW, India -- A passenger train crashed into a bus at a rail crossing on Tuesday, hurtling it into a canal and killing 34 people aboard, police said.
At least 26 others were injured in the accident in Uttar Pradesh, India's most populous state, which is located in the north of the country. The powerful blow of the Kasgunj Express train threw the bus 200 yards into a canal.