- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Daughter to Nichole Edonna Mier and Jeffrey Alan Laubach of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:11 a.m. Tuesday, May 21, 2002. Name, Kyra Nichole. Weight, 7 pounds 1 ounce. First child. Ms. Mier is the daughter of Andy Brown and Debra Mier of Millersville, Mo., and Chris and Missy Mier of Scott City, Mo. She is a dance instructor and secretary at Dance Extensions in Jackson, Mo. Laubach is the son of Terrie Laubach of Chaffee, Mo., and Dennis Laubach of Benton, Mo. He is employed at Plaza Tire Service in Cape Girardeau.
Son to Michael Lynn and Pamela Frances Jett of Sikeston, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 1:46 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, 2002. Name, Samuel Garrett. Weight, 7 pounds 2 ounces.
Son to Brian Dean and Sonja Michelle Dowdy of Tamms, Ill., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 8:19 a.m. Thursday, May 23, 2002. Name, Wyatt Dean. Weight, 4 pounds 2 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Dowdy is the former Sonja Comer. Dowdy is a corrections officer at Vienna Correctional Center.
Daughter to Dennis Wayne and Crystal Dawn Brown of Chaffee, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 5:29 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2002. Name, Madison Dezarhea. Weight, 6 pounds 12 ounces. Third child, second daughter. Mrs. Brown is the former Crystal Spencer, daughter of Chris Spencer of Chaffee and Teresa Mason of Bell City, Mo. Brown is the son of Suedell Brown of Chaffee. He is a certified nurse assistant at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Son to Melissa Ann Loper of Oran, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:13 p.m. Friday, May 24, 2002. Name, Tyson Deon. Weight, 6 pounds 8 1/2 ounces. Second son. Miss Loper is the daughter of Brenda Loper of Oran and Doug Loper of Wiggins, Miss.
Daughter to Timothy Robert and Mary Michaeleen Ray of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:22 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2002. Name, Naomi Marie. Weight, 8 pounds 10 ounces. Sixth child, fourth daughter. Mrs. Ray is the former Mary Sir, daughter of Paul and Mickie Sir of Cresco, Iowa. Ray is the son of Bob and Mary Ann Ray of Mason City, Iowa. He is a professor at Southeast Missouri State University.
Daughter to Jeff and Kari Priest of Jackson, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 9:37 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2002. Name, Anna Lorraine. Weight, 6 pounds 7 ounces. Second daughter. Mrs. Priest is the former Kari Webb, daughter of Carol and Klaus Cox of Carrollton, Ala., and Larry Webb of St. Louis. She is a speech pathologist with Cape Girardeau Public Schools. Priest is the son of Clairene Priest of Cape Girardeau, and the late Glenn Priest. He is a pharmaceutical sales representative with Nelson Professional Sales.
Daughter to Shawn Anthony and Amanda Irene Foulk of Chaffee, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:05 p.m. Friday, May 24, 2002. Name, Kayla Dawn. Weight, 6 pounds 5 ounces. Fourth child, first daughter. Mrs. Foulk is the former Amanda Puckett, daughter of Russell and Edna Puckett of Chaffee. She is employed at Drury Suites. Foulk is the son of Dean and Mary Foulk of Chaffee. He is employed at Rubbermaid.