- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Industrial accident at Lone Star kills employee
An employee of Lone Star Industries was killed Monday morning after an industrial accident at the cement plant in Cape Girardeau.
Details were sketchy, but Cape Girardeau County Coroner Mike Hurst confirmed that a fatality occurred during an industrial accident at about 10 a.m. The person was pronounced dead at the scene at about 10:45 a.m., Hurst said.
Authorities were not releasing the victim's name until relatives could be contacted.
Lone Star Industries is 2524 S. Sprigg and is owned by a company based in Germany.
For details, see Tuesday's Southeast Missourian.