- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Norbert E. "Turtle" Stearns, 66, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 1, 2002, at Jackson Manor.
He was born Nov. 3, 1935, at Daisy, Mo., son of Emory and Anna Hildebrand Stearns. He and Jolene Hoffer were married Oct. 27, 1962, at Cape Girardeau.
Stearns was employed by Guth Brothers Block and Brick and Max Stowell Block and Brick, and he also worked for Rhodes Trucking for more than 30 years. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus Council 1111 and St. Mary's Cathedral.
He was a member of the National Guard for nine years.
Survivors include his wife; one son and daughter-in-law, Darrell and Tammie Stearns of Jackson, Mo. and one brother, Gary Stearns of Peavely, Mo.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Cathedral. Monsignor Richard Rolwing will officiate, with burial in St. Mary's Cemetery.