- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Norbert E. "Turtle" Stearns, 66, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 1, 2002, at Jackson Manor.
He was born Nov. 3, 1935, at Daisy, Mo., son of Emory and Anna Hildebrand Stearns. He and Jolene Hoffer were married Oct. 27, 1962, at Cape Girardeau.
Stearns was employed by Guth Brothers Block and Brick and Max Stowell Block and Brick, and he also worked for Rhodes Trucking for more than 30 years. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus Council 1111 and St. Mary's Cathedral.
He was a member of the National Guard for nine years.
Survivors include his wife; one son and daughter-in-law, Darrell and Tammie Stearns of Jackson, Mo. and one brother, Gary Stearns of Peavely, Mo.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Cathedral. Monsignor Richard Rolwing will officiate, with burial in St. Mary's Cemetery.