- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
WEBSTER GROVES, Mo. -- Esther E. Mehrle Vasterling, 91, died Saturday, June 1, 2002.
Born and raised in Cape Girardeau, she was a resident of Glendale for 52 years.
She was the beloved wife of the late Oscar C. Vasterling, loving mother of Paul R. Vasterling, Larry R. Vasterling, Jeanne R. Vasterling, and the late Donald R. Vasterling.
She was the dear mother-in-law of Mrs. Paul (Jan) and Mrs. Donald (Kaye) Vasterling. Dear grandmother of Susan Asmus, Andrew Asmus and Joshua Jay. Dear sister of the late Arthur, Werner, Rudolph, Erwin and Bill Mehrle, and Hattie Lampe.
She was also a dear aunt, cousin and friend to many.
Esther was a Deaconess Hospital auxiliary volunteer and a Girl Scout troop leader. For 60 years, she was a member of Evangelical United Church of Christ of Webster Groves.
She was a member of the Glendale Women's Club and Historical Society. She had worked for Famous-Barr in Crestwood for 20 years.
Visitation on Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at Evangelical United Church of Christ, 204 E. Lockwood, Webster Groves until services at 10:30 a.m.
Interment will take place at 2:30 p.m., in Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Arrangements are under the direction of Gerber Chapel in Webster Groves.
Memorial contributions may be made to Evangelical UCC Memorial Fund, 204 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves, Mo., 63119.