- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Den and Kay Swift of Columbia, Ill., announce the engagement of their daughter, Sara Kay Swift, to Chet Hammock, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Don and Jane Hammock Jr. of Matthews, Mo.
Swift received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2001. She is a second grade teacher at Oak Ridge Schools.
Hammock expects to graduate from Southeast University in December 2003. He is employed at MidAmerica Hotels Corp.
A July 29 wedding is planned at St. Petersburg Beach, Fla.