- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
how to get there/memorial
The Liberty Memorial is located near the corner of Pershing Road and Main Street in Kansas City, Mo. The memorial is visible from another Kansas City landmark, Union Station, which sits on the north side of Pershing Road.
Call (816) 513-7675 for more information.MUSEUM
The Liberty Memorial Museum reopened May 25. Split between two halls at the memorial tower's base, the museum houses about 300 artifacts from World War I -- a small fraction of the hundreds of thousands in its collection. It also features murals and maps painted in one of the two halls and interactive computers that explain the significance of the murals. Admission is $4 for children ages 12 and over, $3 for seniors and children ages 6 to 11, and free for children under age 6. Admission will be free on May 25th, and on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.TOWER
The Liberty Memorial tower rises 217 feet, providing an excellent view of nearby downtown. Admission to the tower is $2 for children ages 12 and over, $1 for children under 12.