- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OAK RIDGE, Mo. -- Doris G. Sauerbrunn, 75, of Oak Ridge died Thursday, May 30, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 18, 1926, in Jackson, Mo., daughter of John L. and Minnie A. Godwin Brown. She and Cecil G. Sauerbrunn were married Sept. 21, 1946. He died July 18, 2000.
Sauerbrunn was a graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She was a lifetime member of First Baptist Church, former member of Women's Missionary Union, and had served as pianist and custodian.
Survivors include two sons, Richard Sauerbrunn of Jackson, and Ronald Sauerbrunn of Oak Ridge; two daughters, Jo Ann Petzoldt of Oak Ridge, and Ruth Sauerbrunn-Winstead of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Jon Sedgewick will officiate. Burial will be in Goshen Cemetery near Oak Ridge.