- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mabel Northcutt, 78, of Sikeston died Thursday, May 30, 2002, at her home.
She was born Oct. 4, 1923, in Mississippi County, Ark., daughter of John Luther and Jennie Frazier Nimmo. She and Marshall H. Northcutt were married March 10, 1941.
Northcutt was a member of Morehouse Baptist Church at Morehouse, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Charles Northcutt of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Linda Ledbetter of Sikeston; two brothers, John and Jerry Nimmo of Sikeston; two sisters, Estelle Oliver and Wanda Tippy of Sikeston; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dolan Rogers officiating. Burial will be in Bloomfield Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.