- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Virginia L. Atherton, 70, of Dongola, Ill. died Sunday, May 26, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Feb. 24, 1932 at Foreman, Ill., daughter of Julius and Nora Jane Simmons Holmes.
Survivors include a son, David Atherton of Dongola and two sisters, Betty Duffield of Olmsted, Ill. and Ella Mae Richards of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and two brothers.
Friends may call Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home. The Rev. Joe McCommons will officiate, with burial at Graves-Mount Olive Cemetery north of Vienna, Ill.