- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 5/28/02
Stanley receives Hahs insurance award
Sharon Stanley of Prudential Financial in Cape Girardeau received the River Heritage Association of Insurance and Financial Advisers' most prestigious award at a special presentation recently at Port Cape Girardeau. The M. Luther Hahs, CLU, Insurance and Financial Adviser of the Year 2002 was presented to Stanley for her outstanding contributions to the financial services industry and the community.
Soft drink group elects Crisp as president
Marion Pepsi-Cola vice president Lee Crisp was recently elected president of the Illinois Soft Drink Association. He began his two-year term May 7. Crisp has previously served as vice president and as director of the association's 14-member board of directors.
Crisp will lead and represent Illinois' major soft drink bottlers, which employ nearly 12,000 Illinois citizens directly, generating salaries of $607 million per year. The industry employs 52,000 more people indirectly throughout Illinois. Crisp will also represent Illinois bottlers at the national level on soft drink topics and issues.
Resident honored at national conference
Steven Fritzler, CLU, LUTCF, FIC, of Cape Girardeau, recently was honored at a national sales conference held by Aid Association for Lutheran/Lutheran Brotherhood.
Fritzler qualified for the conference in Orlando, Fla., in recognition for his outstanding business performance in 2001. Financial associates were also honored for support of local volunteer groups, called branches.
Fritzler has been a financial associate for 13 years and has been honored by the organization 11 times for outstanding sales and member service. He serves Lutherans and their family members in Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Kennett, Malden and Sikeston.
-- From staff reports