- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Illinois pair injured in motorcycle accident
ANNA, Ill. -- A man from Pekin, Ill., was in stable condition at Southeast Missouri Hospital Monday night following a mid-morning accident.
Christopher Hoffer, 32, of Pekin and passenger Tammy Green, 36, also of Pekin, were traveling southbound on US 51 at Anna on Hoffer's motorcycle. James McLaughlin, 64, of Dongola, Ill. was driving a pick-up truck northbound on US 51 and made a left turn onto Illinois Route 146.
The Illinois State Police said McLaughlin failed to yield when he turned and was struck by Hoffer and Green.
McLaughlin was not injured, but was arrested for failing to yield. Hoffer was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital. Green was taken with serious injuries to Union County Hospital in Anna.