- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Central doubles team falls on second day
The Central team of Trevor Blattner and Andy Tansil lost in three sets to Oakville's Adam Franke and Jake Menz in doubles competition of the Class 4A consolation (fifth-place) quarterfinals Saturday.
Blattner and Tansil won the first set 6-2 before dropping two closely contested sets, a 7-6 tiebreaker in the second and a 10-8 super tiebreaker in the third.
The Central team won its first-round match, then suffered a loss in the quarterfinals to Kirkwood, a team it previously defeated.