- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
The quiet life
House offers perfect space for young family.
By Tammy Raddle ~ Southeast Missourian
While it's very true that you can't always buy peace of mind, sometimes it is possible to at least find a peaceful place -- if you know where to look.
A quiet little street in Cape Girardeau, called Hillbrook, is a good place to look. The home at 2235 Hillbrook is an unassuming little house: simple, very neat and perhaps most important of all -- very quiet. It's a simple ranch-style, all-brick home, rare in today's construction-cost-conscious world. It sits amid a shady yard with well-established trees.
Inside, the most noticeable thing about it is its neatness. It has some new carpeting, but all of the carpeting and wallcoverings look new. It features large picture windows in both the living room and family room.
The kitchen features modern appliances and walnut-stained cabinets. The adjoining dining area is nicely decorated, with sliding glass doors to a small deck overlooking a fenced-in back yard.
All of the rooms are reasonably sized, though not overly large. It would be a perfect home for empty-nesters seeking to downsize or for a family seeking to move into its first house. The neighborhood, located in the Alma Schrader school district, offers families great stability in caring and friendly neighbors.
This home features three bedrooms and two baths. One of the interesting features of the master bedroom is a unique set of cafe-style swinging doors that separate the master bedroom and bath.
Priced at $107,500, this home is available for viewing through Re-Max Achievers Realty, 334-8800.