- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Authorities continue search for suspects in bank robbery
Daily American Republic
MALDEN, Mo. -- Authorities were continuing to search for three suspects in connection with a bank robbery Wednesday at the First State Community Bank in Malden.
"We have developed some leads and we're working those at this time," said Rod Dill, Malden police chief.
The robbery occurred at approximately 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, when three black males entered the bank, Dill said. Authorities think at least one was armed with a handgun.
The three got away with an undisclosed amount of cash, Dill said.
No one was injured.
Dill confirmed Wednesday that there is a video surveillance tape of the robbery, and that the suspects were dressed in dark tops and blue jeans at the time, he said. He indicated their faces were covered.
The FBI, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Dunklin County Sheriff's Department and the Malden police are working together on the robbery.
Kelly Owens, branch manager at Malden First State Community Bank, would not comment on the robbery and referred all inquiries to a company spokeswoman, Julie Powers, who said she could release no more information at this time.