- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out A 5/24/02
Cars don't stop speeders
THE IDEA of police officers taking their cars home so they show a presence is silly. There are two Cape Girardeau Police Department cars that sit in driveways within a block of the intersection of Lisa and Grandview. This is probably the most run stop sign in town. There also are many cars every day that run over 50 miles per hour on Lisa.
YOUR EDITORIAL was persuasive, but a bit too much so. Please refrain from writing rhetoric designed to railroad readers into thinking there are redeeming features about railroads.