- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Speak Out A 5/24/02
Cars don't stop speeders
THE IDEA of police officers taking their cars home so they show a presence is silly. There are two Cape Girardeau Police Department cars that sit in driveways within a block of the intersection of Lisa and Grandview. This is probably the most run stop sign in town. There also are many cars every day that run over 50 miles per hour on Lisa.
YOUR EDITORIAL was persuasive, but a bit too much so. Please refrain from writing rhetoric designed to railroad readers into thinking there are redeeming features about railroads.