- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Speak Out A 5/24/02
Cars don't stop speeders
THE IDEA of police officers taking their cars home so they show a presence is silly. There are two Cape Girardeau Police Department cars that sit in driveways within a block of the intersection of Lisa and Grandview. This is probably the most run stop sign in town. There also are many cars every day that run over 50 miles per hour on Lisa.
YOUR EDITORIAL was persuasive, but a bit too much so. Please refrain from writing rhetoric designed to railroad readers into thinking there are redeeming features about railroads.