- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Speak Out A 5/24/02
Cars don't stop speeders
THE IDEA of police officers taking their cars home so they show a presence is silly. There are two Cape Girardeau Police Department cars that sit in driveways within a block of the intersection of Lisa and Grandview. This is probably the most run stop sign in town. There also are many cars every day that run over 50 miles per hour on Lisa.
YOUR EDITORIAL was persuasive, but a bit too much so. Please refrain from writing rhetoric designed to railroad readers into thinking there are redeeming features about railroads.