- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MOWEAQUA, Ill. -- Ruby Eulah Schorey, 87, of Moweaqua died Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at the Moweaqua Nursing and Retirement Center.
Her husband was a former pastor of the Methodist Church in Jackson, Mo.
She was born Jan. 1, 1915 in Elwood, Ind., the daughter of B.O. and Goldie Gallimore Graham. She married Lorin Darrell Schorey on May 24, 1933, in Uniondale, Ind. He survives.
She was a homemaker and a member of United Methodist Church in Macon, Ill.
She also is survived by three sons, Richard Schorey of Pana, Ill., Lewis L. Schorey of Moweaqua, and Paul E. Schorey of St. Louis; three daughters, Dee Price of Moline, Ill., Rebecca Howerter of Ellisville, Ill., and Betty Deckard of Decatur, Ill.; a sister, Lela DeBeaumont of Fort Wayne, Ind.; 23 grandchildren, 28 great-grandchildren and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will be from noon Saturday until time of services at Seitz Funeral Home in Moweaqua.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home with the Rev. Charles K. Jacobs officiating.
Burial will be at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Moweaqua.