- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Rosie the Riveter sold for $4.9 million
Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter, the painting that gave an iconic face to the millions of American women who worked in factories during World War II, was sold at auction Wednesday for $4.9 million.
Elliot Yeary Gallery of Aspen, Colo., bought the painting on behalf of Ranger Endowments Management of Dallas, an asset management firm.