- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Parkway Central ends Jackson soccer season
FENTON, Mo. -- Jackson's record-setting girls' soccer season came to an end Tuesday night as the Indians lost to Parkway Central 2-0 in a Class 4A sectional game at the Anheuser-Busch Conference & Sports Centre.
The Indians, who last week won their first district title, finish the year with a 15-2-1 record. The Colts (16-4-3) advance to Saturday's quarterfinal round.
Ashley Motchan scored two first-half goals -- including one in the first five minutes of the game -- to sink the Indians.
"She kind of caught us off guard early in the game with a shot that came from a bad angle. There was nothing you could do about it," Jackson coach Zack Walton said."The second goal came off a free kick where she headed it in. It was a real good head ball."
Walton said the Indians had several solid chances to score but failed to capitalize. "But I have to give them credit," he said. "Parkway Central was a real good team.
"We had a great season. Unfortunately it had to come to an end. We have nothing to hang our heads about. "