- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DEXTER, Mo. -- Virginia Parris, 80, of Dexter died Sunday, May 19, 2002, at Three Rivers Health Care North Campus in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
She was born June 24, 1921, at Cooter, Mo., daughter of John and Jenny Frazier Nimmo. She and Walter Ted Parris were married July 17, 1937, at New Madrid, Mo. He died Sept. 20, 1975.
Parris was a member of First Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include six sons, Ralph Parris of Land O'Lakes, Fla., Dennis and Keith Parris of Granite City, Ill., Eddie Parris of Nashville, Tenn., Michael Parris of Marble Hill, Mo., Kevin Parris of Dexter; five daughters, Faye Lenderman and Gwen Schock of O'Fallon, Mo., Joan Lowe of Dexter, Bonnie Stinson of Dudley, Mo., and Patsy Hughes of Bertrand, Mo.
Also surviving are two brothers, John and Jerry Nimmo of Sikeston, Mo.; three sisters, Estelle Oliver of Morehouse, Mo., Mabel Northcutt and Wanda Tippy of Sikeston; 35 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at First Pentecostal Church, with the Rev. Robert Bentley officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.