- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Elmer W. Lappe, 88, of Perryville died Monday, May 20, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 26, 1913, at Friedheim, Mo., son of Ben and Josephine Blechle Lappe. He and Regina Kirn were married Jan. 3, 1939. She died June 14, 1993. He and Margaret Kohlfeld were married Aug. 26, 1995, at Apple Creek, Mo.
Lappe had farmed, and was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church at Biehle, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Stella Magre of St. Louis, Dolores Eddleman of Farmington, Mo., Susie Williams of Friedheim; two sons, Kenneth Lappe of Perryville, Dennis Lappe of Friedheim; eight stepchildren, Bonnie Welty and Barbara Keller of Perryville, Betty Crice, Larry LaRose and Douglas LaRose of Farmington, Bernice Zahner of Fredericktown, Mo., Beverly Fiscus of St. Charles, Mo., and Michael LaRose of Jefferson City, Mo.
Also surviving are two sisters, Mildred Richardson of Valley Park, Mo., Florence Welker of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Flavian Lappe of Cape Girardeau, James Lappe of St. Louis; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; 20 stepgrandchildren; and nine great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Parish prayers will be at 6 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Maurus Church. The Rev. Mark Bozada will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.