- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dennis M. Byrne, 55, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 18, 2002, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born Dec. 1, 1946, in St. Louis, son of John William and Doris Laskwitz Byrne.
Byrne was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and VFW Post 3838.
He served four years in the U.S. Navy, and was a communications technician aboard the USS Saratoga.
Survivors include a son, Jeff Byrne of Cape Girardeau; his mother of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Susan Reinagel of Cape Girardeau and Lisa Byrne of Minneapolis, Minn.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent's Church. The Rev. Pat Keeley will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, with military graveside rites by VFW Post 3838.