- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
School plans to move offices Thursday, Friday
Cape Girardeau School District superintendent Dan Steska told the school board Monday the new high school and the new central board offices are on schedule and everything is in place for the "Big move" Thursday and Friday.
Steska said students and teachers will finish loading the storage trailers behind each of the schools by the end of the day Thursday.
That night the trailers will be moved to the current junior high and high schools.
Friday, if weather permits, the trailers will be unloaded and the items will be moved into the current junior and senior high schools.
If it rains Friday, Steska said students, teachers and volunteers will get as much work as they can done and district maintenance crews will have to finish moving the remaining items over the summer.
Items going to the new high school will remain in trailers until mid-July when the school is expected to be completed.
Steska said the school was originally supposed to be completed in mid-August, but construction is about a month ahead of schedule.
He said the new central offices, which will be in the old vocational-technical school, should be ready to occupy in mid-July as well.
Volunteers are still needed for the move Friday to reconfigured grades five through 12. Interested people can contact a principal for times and places.